This month, I’ve been making an effort to join my local NaNoWriMo group for group writing events. It’s been fun, though I do feel I’m more productive when I write on my own. Because of this experience, I would like to share a few strange habits I have observed.
Strange Habits of Writers
- We leave our computers for a drink of water much more often than biologically necessary.
- This requires us to take lots of bathroom breaks.
- We like the kind of snacks that make us thirsty (see numbers 1 & 2).
- We’re easily distracted.
- Sometimes we don’t accomplish as much as we hoped (see numbers 1-4).
- We have families, friends, and pets who don’t see our writing time as sacred (see number 4).
- In spite of all this, the words add up and we complete blog posts, essays, articles, novels, and pretty much any other writing project imaginable.
Enjoy this post? You may also like:
- Diving Into NaNoWriMo, Cutting Out Excuses, and A Pile of Links to Help You Write Consistently (kristinnador.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Tips (balanzategui.wordpress.com)
- And They’re Off – NaNoWriMo Begins (writerkimberlyhill.wordpress.com